Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Remember, I love you.

For a little while now, Aidan has been somewhat difficult. I am told it is his age. Apparently at age three some crazy thing happens to most children. At least according to many other mother's of three year olds. The biggest problem is listening. Everything is "NO" or "I don't want to." It can be me asking if he wants to read books or telling him it's bedtime. I have been giving him consequences and choices and that seems to be helping. The last couple of days he has been so sweet. He's like a totally different child. It's very weird that he can be so different from day to day. Lately he has been saying the cutest thing. Out of the blue he will say "You know mommy, I love you. Remember?" I can be playing with him, or making lunch, or playing outside and he will stop what he is doing and say that to me. It melts my heart. For a split second, it makes forget all the "I don't want to's" of the day.

1 comment:

Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Hang in there, you know he will get through it. I haven't really noticed too much of that with Ana...although she is tough in her own way on a frequent basis. I find whenever we are having a rough day we need to get outside and get physical (or find a way to get physical inside if need be...I can't tell you how many games of freeze dance we have played!). Anyway, it is usually hard for them to resist something like that and it has the added bonus of them pulling you to the bed at night because they are so tired.

Good luck!