Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Peyton


Peyton will be 1 in a little over a week, and I wanted to mention all the cute things she has been learning lately. For about a month now she has been walking. It seemed as though one minute she was just taking a couple steps, and the next she was walking around the house. I rarely see her crawl these days. I am very proud of her, but at the same time it makes me sad that she is no longer a baby.

She has been saying a few words and animal sounds. Her favorite thing to say is" Uh-Oh."It is so cute when she says it. Most of the time she is eating and when she drops something she says it. Peyton, just like her brother, loves dogs. She still hardly ever says mama, but she says doggie very often and clearly. She of course says daddy and her own version of Aidan. She can say "up " when she wants me to pick her up, and she has said ball a couple of times as well. I have been trying to teach her the sound each animal makes. So far she know what sound a snake, a bear, a dog, and a duck make. She loves the Old MacDonald song. I'll hear her through out the day saying " E-I-E-I Ooo."

Peyton loves stuffed animals. She like to hug and kiss them all the time. She will be playing and I will look over at her and she will be laying on top of a stuffed animal giving it hugs. So cute! When I ask for a hug or a kiss, she will give me one too. She loves to be outside riding in her little red car, or just playing in the grass. She also likes to play cars outside with Aidan. Aidan has taught her how to drive the cars on the ground and make a brrr sound. She likes to play with her hair while trying to fall asleep or while she is nursing. I love watching her. It is one of my favorite things that she does.

Peyton definately has a mind of her own. She knows what, when, and how she wants things. You most certainly know when she does or does not want something. She tends to thow fits, and go limp, and fall to the floor if you take something away she can not have, or tell her not to do something. I can't help but laugh when she does this. I do not know if this is a girl thing or not, but I do not remember Aidan doing any such thing. I think I'm in for it when she is older.

My baby is turning into her own little person, and I am enjoying every minute of watching her do so. Even though it makes me a little sad that she is getting SO big SO fast, I can't wait to see the changes in her that the next year will bring.

No comments: