Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Change is good, I hope.

So, one of my friends just wrote a post about moving out of their house to a bigger, new one. The title of the post was, change is good. I'm hoping that is true for us as well. Jon just got laid off yesterday so it will be a big change for us. I can't remember a time since we have been together that he has not had a job. He didn't really enjoy his job, he had to work way too many hours, and it didn't pay that great. It still payed the bills, it was still a job. Change is good though, right? I'm hoping he will find something that he really enjoys doing, not have to work so many hours, and will pay a little more. Is that too much to ask? Maybe that was the plan for us. Maybe Jon losing his job is supposed to force him to find something he enjoys doing, and will allow him to spend more time with us. A push in a better direction. In my gut I feel we will be O.K., but the fact of not knowing what is ahead is really difficult.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you guys must be really scared--but you could be so right--maybe there is a great job waiting for him. And, not in the most wonderful circumstances, but you will probably get to spend some really good time with him right now. Hang in there and let us know if you need anything. We may be next--no one is in the clear right now. Everyone I know is affected by the economy in some way.

Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Thinking about you guys, I too hope something bigger and greater is on the horizon.

Susana la Banana said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope everything works out well for your family. Way to stay positive!